Sunday, May 26, 2013

My name is Adam Heuertz.  I am currently teaching at Bellevue West High School.  I also coach varsity football.  Before this last year, I taught at Benson High School for almost 12 years, and I was the head football coach there for 4 seasons.  I went to Asbury College in Wilmore, KY.  I graduated from there in December of 2000.

I really struggle when it comes to technology.  I admit it is one of my weaknesses, but I am excited to hopefully learn how to use this in my classroom.  The purpose of the blog will be to have another platform for my students to learn about and to discuss the literature we read in class.

Finally, I am not sure if I am a Mac or PC person.  I would say that before this school year I was definitely a PC person, but having used my computer from school, and going through some of the tech training as a new teacher this year, I am much more comfortable using Macs.  Although, I know there is still much more I want to learn about them.

3 comments:

  1. Heuertz,

    We know you suck when it comes to technology, but luckily you work with some really smart guys. I'm sure they will help you out!

    Go T-Birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, I think I met you a time or two at the 7-12 meetings, but I'm terrible with names, so I wouldn't have been able to put your name with your face if I met you in the hallway. I also teach seniors (juniors, too), and am most curious how you can balance your grading load as an English teacher with a family AND coaching. I can't imagine how busy you must be. Some technology you should definitely use if you aren't already is NoodleTools for research and GoogleDocs for research and other papers that can be typed. It is a very accessible way to grade anyplace you have the Internet. What are you reading for summer reads? Hopefully, Amy has told you to share any titles you feel would be beneficial to add to new English curriculum. Also, I hope that you will share any ideas you have to ease the pain of teaching research to seniors. We really struggle with that at East.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't go to the dark side Heuertz. PC people are the best!

    ReplyDelete