Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Article Review

After reading from the blog: Finding Common Ground - Not All Reading Has to be Assessed, I couldn't agree more with the argument.  The main idea behind the article was to remind us as educators that reading, although it should be challenging and productive, it also needs to be fun.  As a teacher who teaches primarily British Literature, I know that this can sometimes be a challenge.  That is, to make the reading in my classroom both engaging and rigorous.  But as mentioned in the blog, the teacher needs to allow for some choice, and for some "fun" reading times in his or her classroom.  We want students to be able to pick something up at home and read for enjoyment as well as reading what is assigned in class.  

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I would do well in a "British Literature" class because it's not exactly my thing, but I do think you can make any topic interesting for anyone. I've heard many good things from some of your students.

    ReplyDelete