Monday, June 3, 2013

Richard Byrne's Website - Explaining through Visual Aids

I looked at the article on Richard Byrne's website that focused on DNA being explained visually. I teach English, so clearly the DNA model has nothing to do with my classroom. However, I do feel that reaching out to students through visual aids (such as this video) is a great way to meet certain needs of students. I would like to be able to create something like this for my classroom. I have a lot of lessons that focus on character analysis. While it's great to read about different characters, being able to visually see the differences would be a great tool for my classroom. I realize that these videos typically cost money to create -- or take an extensive amount of knowledge to create -- but this is something that would be a great asset to our building if SOMEONE had the capability of creating it. I think that in the future we will be looking at a lot more of these videos in our classroom as our learners are becoming more and more dependent on technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment